Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, May 14, 2012

Week 41, Villa Diego, Rosario, Argentina


Today I tried something new. I bought clothing dye at the pharmacy and dyed my pants because they're super faded and I'm tired of wearing the same pair of pants for the last 12 weeks. Haha so we'll see how they turn out.


FAMILY! 


I loved the call last night! I was really proud of myself that I only cried at the end! haha but it sounds like you guys are all doing great, besides the whole Jaden and her knee thing. But I loved hearing your voices and just being able to chat like we would at the dinner table or other stuff. I'm so thankful for you guys and the wonderful support system that you are. I love you guys so much!

This week was really good cuz we got to teach Paola, a new investigator and she loves the church and loves meeting with us. She kinda looks like Aunt Kassie in a way, so its fun. She is set to get baptized on June 2nd but needs to stop smoking before then! She wants to do it and were gunna do everything possible to help her! We also have a sweet old man named Miguel that loves the church and even though he can barely read, he reads everyday! He should get baptized this week or the next so were way excited. Then we have some other investigators that are working toward baptism and I really really want to help the GuerreƱo family get baptized. They're goal is the temple, but they smoke and stuggle to get to church. I'm a super strong believer that we can do anything if we really want to. If we're determined and if we lean on the Lord, we can always get through our difficulties. 



At the beginning of this transfer we were stuggling to find people but thanks to a lot of prayer and fasting were progressing and I hope that we will have some baptisms! I know that were never given too much to handle but instead Heavenly Father gives us justtt enough to handle. We must learn to trust in Him and ask for His help! I know He always wants to support and help us in our lives.

This past week I did splits with the zone leaders and went with Elder Breshears. He's a great elder from Idaho and I learned that I have a long ways to go! haha but I learned that I can teach better to help them understand and also that I shouldnt be scared to use the phone. I don't know why but I've never liked using the phone.  I think it's because it's harder for people to understand me and stuff. I dont know. I'm weird. But yeah, he goes home in 3 weeks and so does Elder Shippen, another elder that I'm living with. They both said that the mission flew by and they can't believe they're already going home. crazy!! 



Today I tried something new. I bought clothing dye at the pharmacy and dyed my pants because they're super faded and I'm tired of wearing the same pair of pants for the last 12 weeks. Haha so we'll see how they turn out.

Anyways, I love you guys so much!

Love,
Elder Hjelmstad  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment