Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Saturday, May 12, 2012

An early Mothers Day gift...




 Elder Hjelmstad and Elder Hull 

These are the missionaries that Elder Hjelmstad roomed with when he arrived in Argentina.

(Mom) So as most of you know Josh will be calling home on Mothers day. We are super excited to hear his voice and talk to him tomorrow. We were a little unclear as to what time he would be calling, so I emailed the Rosario mission office and asked if they could forward a message to Josh as to when he should call home. The following post is an email I received yesterday from the secretary in the mission office, Elder Hull,  who happens to personally know Josh.  They flew to Argentina together and then ending up living with each other for the first two transfers of their missions (3 months).

What a treat... Enjoy!

  

Hermana Hjelmstad,

I would like to tell you that your email happened to land in the lap of the new secretary Elder Hull. =) I just talked to your son, my best friend on the mission, and he said that he will call you at that time and that he is super excited to talk to you and the family =) He told me he still needs to find a calling card but he is going to try and find it tomorrow. What I would suggest is that you guys have a calling card too just in case so you can call him back on the same number and just finish talking. But if you need to tell him anything before Sunday just email me tonight or tomorrow and I will be able to let him know.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL mothers day hermana Hjelmstad and that you have a great time talking to your incredible son. Thank you for raising such a great kid. Just the person your son is, should be one of the best mothers day gifts ever. Although he is far away from you at this time he loves you so much!  I'm so grateful for being able to know him and become friends with him. I wouldn’t have survived my first 3 months of the mission without him. I appreciate and love him so much. I am excited to continue to grow with him throughout the mission and then be friends after. I am also excited to meet you and the your family one day. =) You are officially my other mission mom okay?

If you need anything just let me know. =)

Élder Hull | Secretario Misión Argentina Rosario

No comments:

Post a Comment