Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day Poem by: Josh


Love

You've loved me since I was a baby,
even when I didn't know who you were.
You'd wrap me up in blankets at night,
and hold me so I wouldn't stir.

You'd drive me to soccer practice
on the opposite side of town.
You cheered me on at every game 
without ever showing a frown.

You made me delicious dinners
even when I didn't give thanks.
You always taught me to choose the right 
and that I shouldn't play pranks.

You'd dress me up on Sunday for church,
and taught me how to pray.
You always set an example for me
and said I'd go on a mission someday.

Now I'm on the other side of the world,
serving as the lords missionary.
Putting the stuff I learned in practice,
from church, mutual and seminary.

I'm trying to love as Christ would
and do what he would do.
I'm going to follow the example that you set, Mom
by trying to love like you.

I Love You!



No comments:

Post a Comment