Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 26 Santa Fe, Argentina



Camila and Elder Hjelmstad


Elder Hjelmstad and Augustine giving us a "thumbs up"


Elder H, Elder R, Diego and family


Elder R, Camila, Maria and Augustine

Hey! 6 months down! SUPER INSANE!!! It’s flying by!

So, I haven’t gotten my new companion yet but I know we’ll be staying in Santa Fe, so I’m going to have about 7 months here! crazzyy!! But I don’t know who he is or anything until Thursday, so next week I’ll tell you all about him!

This week we saw some miracles again! Eight investigators came to church!!! So that was really exciting and fun but the only downside is that none of them have a baptismal date set because they need to get married first! :/ But they’re coming along! At church we talked about temples a lot and about the example of Jesus Christ in our lives and how every single day we need to push ourselves to become a little more like Him! I know that as we do the little things like praying, reading the scriptures, and going to church, we will increase in our love for others and will grow closer to our Heavenly Father!

We ate something really good this week! It’s called Ñoqui. Look it up on the Internet! It’s mashed potatoes that they make into noodles and then have this super good red sauce and cheese on top! I’ll try to get the recipe cuz it’s so good!

So this week we taught the Plan of Salvation, or the Plan of Happiness a lot. It made me think about it in general and the questions that we answer, like Where did we come from, Why are we here, and Where are we going after we die. We’re so lucky to have this knowledge! Thanks to a living prophet and the Book of Mormon, we have these answers! Heavenly Father loves us so much that He has a perfect plan for us, his children, that allows us to attain ALL that he has. I’m so grateful for a Heavenly Father that knows us personally and desires our happiness. I love the scripture in 3 Nephi 28:10 that says .......

10 And for this cause ye shall have fulness of joy; and ye shall sit down in the kingdom of my Father; yea, your joy shall be full, even as the Father hath given me fulness of joy; and ye shall be even as I am, and I am even as the Father; and the Father and I are one;

Christ suffered for our sins so that we can a FULNESS OF JOY like Heavenly Father! I know that Jesus Christ died for each and every one of us and thanks to his Atonement, we can live with God again, together as an eternal family! I know that we lived with God before this life and I know that we came here to gain experience and a body like God. I know that thanks to the resurrection of Christ, all of us will live after death with a body of flesh and bones and be judged according to our actions. I know that through the Atonement of Christ we can become perfect! I know that God loves us SO MUCH.

Thank you everybody for your support and letters and everything! I really suggest that everybody read this article by a living Prophet. I know that if we do these things, we will be happy, even in the rough times! I know that god wants us to be happy! http://www.lds.org/liahona/2012/01/living-the-abundant-life?lang=eng

You are all awesome! I love you!

Elder Hjelmstad

P.S. Josh has sent us two short videos. If you would like to view them they are found on the sidebar to the right of this blog. enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment