Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, January 9, 2012

week 23 Santa Fe, Argentina


Elder R., Elizabeth, Lorena, Elder H. and a ward member
before the twins baptism....




FAMILY!!!

This week was HOT, and good!

We had the baptism of Elizabeth and Lorena on Saturday and despite a few set backs, it was really good!! The baptism was supposed to start at 5:00 pm and we went to their house at 4:40ish to check up on them. They were almost ready, so we told them we would see them at the chapel and when 5:00 came around, nothing. 5:15...nothing. We sang a lot of Hyms. haha finally at 5:30 they arrived and changed and everything went smooth from there! Karina, the girl that we helped baptize 6 weeks ago, gave the talk on baptism and did an AMAZING job. The spirit was so strong when she bore her testimony and told the girls how proud Heavenly Father was of them. David, a member of the ward, baptized both of them. After the baptisms Elder Rivera and I gave a little talk on the Restoration of the Gospel. I love baptisms! They're miracles!

We're helping a couple, Isabel and Martin, get married, and we have a new man, Ezekiel, that will get baptized on the 28th if he receives an answer that the church is true. Something that most people find it interesting is that there can be a TRUE church. ONE. Because theres ONE GOD. I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that has put His church back on the earth.

So, remember when you guys asked me what has been the funniest thing that's happened and I didnt have an answer? IT happened this week. We're teaching a guy named Antonio and his wife (not married) and Antonio is a crack up. He's super fidgety and has some crazy stories. This week he told the best one yet, and acted out every single part. He started telling us a story that when he was 19 he went to the circus and they were giving 1000 pesos($200) to anybody that could wrestle and pin a GORILLA. He started acting out the whole entire thing, exactly like Kramer from Seinfeld with all the fidgetiness, while blabbering in spanish the whole time. I was DYING laughing!!! He was talking about how stong the Gorilla was and how he would get so close and then the Gorilla would Karate chop him and then he had to try again. Sorry if this isn't funny, but it was the funniest thing EVER!!! Only in Argentina can you go to a circus, and fight a Gorilla. hahaha

Another funny thing was when we showed up to a members house and he was watching Chuck Norris movies. ha
So, this week I got the best surprise ever when I received a package from the Lyons! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Despite all the amazing candy and goodies, my favorite part was the November Ensign with all the conference talks! Conference was the first weekend here and I didn't understand ANYTHING. It's been really really nice and fun to read all the talks. I can't even pick a favorite, but something that really stood out to me was this quote that I think is in Elder Cooks talk about trials. It says,"Theres no chance, no fate, no destiny that cancircumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul." I LOVE THIS!!! In his talk he talks about that at times people choices can affect our lives in negative ways but we have the choice to allow it to affect us or not. Bad things happen in the world, but that doesn't mean, there isn't a God. There needs to be opposition in all things. Without the sweet, we wouldn't know the salty! We have the chance to choose and therefore, we learn. I know that as we make right choices, it becomes more and more easy to make more correct choices!
And I cant believe that Dee has been out a year! CRAZINESS!!!! That really blows my mind. Time is flying by.
Alrighty I dont relaly have anything else.

I remember when Kegan said when he got to Jamaica, that the only time he wasnt sweating, was when he was in the shower. Yup. That's a fact. It's possible. haha I don't like humidity!!
K I love you all!!!
Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment