Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, February 6, 2012

Week 27 Santa Fe, Argentina


Mission President Giuliani, Elder Smith, Elder Hjelmstad, Sister Giuliani



HOLA!!!

Happy Birthday Grandma! I love you!

This week went by pretty fast! On Wednesday, Elder Rivera said bye to everybody and then early in the morning on Thursday we went to Rosario to pick up our "Kids." In the mission, we call the trainers the "dads" and the newbies the "kids". So we got there, waited for a little bit, and then they called up Elder Smith and then they called me up! He is from South Carolina and is a really great guy. He went to BYU before his mission too! After eating bbq chicken at the mission home, we went to good ole Sante Fe! haha I told him all about the crazy stuff that we see here and what to watch out for and everything. ha It's fun but at the same time... scary! I'm always going to remember when we got into the taxi at the mission home en route to the bus station, I was like, "Alrighty, now I have to manage to get us home," and felt a lump of responsibility on my shoulders. The past few days we've passed by our investigators and members to introduce Elder Smith. His spanish isn't very good and it's hard for him to understand, but it's okay cuz thats how we learn! He's excited and helping a ton. I'm not gunna lie and say that I don't miss my little chilean in our lessons. The lessons that we've had have been complete miracles. The people that we have found have been complete miracles.

Seriously, I know that our Heavenly Father doesnt give us anything that we can't handle. Do I feel inadaquate to be training? Yes. How am I doing? I have no idea. By miracles. I know that Heavenly Father is helping me so much, helping my companion, and the people of our area. I'm completely humbled and almost overwhelmed but I KNOW that I'm not doing this alone. I can feel and see the prayers of you guys and the "tender mercies" that the Lord is showing me every day.

Sooooo what were the miracles that have happened? So the neighbor next door to Diego and his family has always been really nice. We have always wanted to teach her. On Friday we were walking by their house and she called us over and wanted to get Elder RIveras Email for some reason. Then later Diego told us that she's going go to church with them this next Sunday, MIRACLE #1. Next, last week we received a referral from a member of his daughter-in-law, but he didn't tell us where she lived. On Saturday, I wanted to go by her house and while we we're contacting we clapped at a fence where there was a couple drinking mate and turns out... It was her! We established a good relationship, talked about prayer and are going back this week, MIRACLE #2. Lastly, we were walking by a house, that we always walk by, and there was some little kids hanging out and they told us to knock on their door and talk to their mom so..I was like, "sure"! She answered and we told her we wanted to share a message about Jesus Christ with her and she was really nice and let us come in, even though she only had 5 min. We shared a scripture and then made an appointment for this week! MIRACLE #3. So these are few of the miracles that we see, including when it poured hardddd for the 3 hours when we were in church and not a single drop before or after. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and knows us. I know that He's a God of miracles. I know that He doesn't give us anything we can't handle.

I love you guys and miss you guys like crazy!

Thank you so much for your support.

LOVE,

Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment