Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, January 2, 2012

Week 22 Santa Fe, Argentina

Happy New Year!!!! 2012!!!!

Josh Christmas Morning.....



Josh's Companion opening the gifts we sent him... Gotta love his smile!!!!



He is so happy...



Coming back after playing some ball



Josh, his Companion and another missionary he lives with.


Hey family!!!

I'm doing great here in Argentina! Still hard for me to believe that I'm here in a different culture, speaking a different language but it's kinda cool!

So first off, calling you guys was so fun! Except, I realized after we hung up, that you guys didnt even talk! I was rambling the whole entire time! And Seriously I'm doing great! I don't know why I cried so much. haha. But mom....I might not be in a safe area but everybody looks at me like I'm a giant and joke that I'll never get robbed, cuz everybodys scared of me. Oh and my comp knows a little karate. haha! but this week was good and went really fast again! I hope you guys enjoyed hearing about Argentina and how we do things down here!

So, I dont have that much to write about this week, but we saw a lot of miracles this week! We have a ton of people that we're teaching that aren't married which is interesting because in order to be baptized, they have to get married first! But we have 3 couples that are looking into what they have to do to get married, so that's great! We're teaching a lady, Paola, that didn't believe in God when we met her but now she believes and prays every day! She says that a lot of the guilt that shes carried with her has been alleviated since we've been teaching her! It's really cool! Next week the twins are getting baptized, so were really excited and so are they! It's so cute!

My little thought for this week is about Promises from God. I love when God promises blessings in the scriptures. In 2 Nephi 9:43 it says that there is "Hapiness that is prepared for the saints." I love this because I know that it's true! Then in verse 52 it says that we have to LET our hearts rejoice. Our hearts are Celestial, but we live in this crazy world filled with sin! We have to apply the scriptures, keep the commandments and then our hearts will rejoice.

Then I love in v. 41 when it says that we need to come unto the Lord, but the way is narrow, because it is His way. It's straight, we have to follow Him exactly because it's HIS path! Then it says that there is no other way for "He employeth no servant," it's necessary that we follow Christ and not a deceiver. After the death and resurreciton of Christ and the deaths of his apostles, the church, or path that He set forth, was destroyed because the authority left when the people rejected Christ and His disciples. People looked and looked for the Lords church but couldnt find it and in turn formed their own. Right now there are a million different churches, and millions of paths that "men" have made. I'm thankful for a loving Heavenly Father, that has put His gospel, His path, back on the Earth with a living Prophet, like in times of Old with Prophets like Noah, Moses, and Abraham. I'm thankful for the chance I have to be here to share this with the people of Argentina!

Anyways, I love you all! I hope you all have a safe New Years!!

LOVE,
ELDER HJELMSTAD

No comments:

Post a Comment