Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Week 78, Venado Tuerto, Argentina

My Companion, Me and Elder Hull
(My best friend on my mission)



Hey! So this week was super great.

We had interviews with President Giuliani and it was probably the best interview I’ve had in my mission. I wasn’t nervous or anything and we just talked about me and my area and my companion. I told him that I want to have success on my mission and he asked what I consider to be "success." I told him that even though I know that baptizing isn’t everything, I want to be able to look back on my mission when I finish and smile without regrets. He stopped me and asked, "How many people did Jesus Christ baptize?" According to the bible you can’t find a place that says Christ baptized so many people but He still changed mankind. We need to do everything possible on our part and have faith that people will accept our message. 

D&C 18:15 
And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

On Saturday, we showed up at our branch presidents house in service clothes and asked him to give us something to do! We cleaned up his front yard and I really think it was good. He’s a great president and serves all day long and deserves a little service as well. I felt great doing it and we even cleaned out his gutter. haha We’re going to try and serve the members more and hope to find people that are ready to hear the gospel.

I feel like I have a ton left to learn on my mission. I need to love more and serve others. Lots left to do!!

Love you all and hope this week is great!!

GO NINERS!!

Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment