Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, January 14, 2013

Week 76, Venado Tuerto, Argentina


                   
                Dinner at a church members house






 
 An activity we had at church










Christmas Morning

My companion in the park where I fell last week :)


Thanks for writing me everyone!!! I love the Star Wars analogies and the Niners updates. Thanks Dad and Grandpa!

So yesterday, I had a pretty cool experience that I wanted to share with you guys.  I was reading in my patriarchal blessing when I started thinking about some people I love. I decided to say a little prayer and ask Heavenly Father to bless them. After my prayer, I felt that everything was going be just fine. It was as if something told me.... don’t worry, it’s coming, everything will be alright.... It was kind of the same type of thing that I felt when I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true in the MTC. I knew it was true, but I needed a firmer testimony.  I also felt something telling me to read in Enos but I didn’t know why so I opened it up my scriptures and turned to Enos and I read some verses.  I believe verse 10 when it says "I will visit thy brethren in their diligence in keeping my commandments." just that little part comforted me. I believe, we just need to stay consistent and God will provide. Just keep being a good girl/boy and leave the rest to Heavenly Father. So, just know that Gods is always thinking about you and will always be there for you. We need to learn to trust in Him.
I also cannot believe that Dee ends his mission today!!! Insane. I can’t believe that my mission is coming to an end either. I need to take advantage of the time I have and leave it all out on the field. I love this work, but it is WORK!

I love you all!

Elder Hjelmstad

(Josh’s Mom: these are a few of the questions I asked Josh today)

1.  How is the apartment search going??
good! we're just doing the paperwork now!

2.  How's the weather there?
hottt!! but it's nice because at night it cools off!

3.  What's the funniest thing that happened this week?
we played football and we were laughing our heads off. SOOOO FUNNNNNN

4. High?
FHE (Family Home Evening) with Samantha, Antonella and Samira. a new family were teaching!!!!!

5.  How are the new shoes??
so good, so far!

6.  Tell me more about your new area?
ummmm... it’s all dirt roads, but a truck comes by every couple hours and waters the streets, so there isn’t so much dust. The people are usually nice and the members are super great. They support us a lot.

7.  How is everything going with washing your clothes? How long does it take? What is the process?
ughhhh i don’t really like it! We have a little bucket and you fill it up with water, put soap and bleach in it, then put the clothes in it and mix it around for a min. Then you go back at night and mix it around and scrub the dirty places like the necks, under arms, etc. then we rinse it out and then hang it up. Pretty simple.

8.  How far is the grocery store? How often do you go? What do you buy?
We go every Monday. I buy milk and cereal and fruit. that’s it!

9. How do you like being on bikes? (I loved that story you shared about you falling in the park, I'm glad you're ok though)
I love it! We get everywhere fast and my shoes aren’t getting destroyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment