Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, July 22, 2013

Week 103, Nogoya, Argentina

Wellll Elder Jonny Lyon is home! That's crazy! I'm excited for him! 

Anyways, this week was great! Well besides last Monday night and Tuesday when Elder Lindeman was sick. (I think he got food poisining but we never figured out from what because we ate the same thing.) Anyways, after he was better we were able to teach some people! 

On Wednesday, we had interviews with President Giuliani. I love that man. We talked about Nogoyá and he gave me some advice to not comment about home. So I made it a goal of mine. So far so good. He asked if I had any questions and I asked him to give me a peice of advice in general about life. He said, "Dont give up. Never stop trying. Whether it be in your job, in your marraige, or in the church, don't give up! Never stop obeying the commandments. Never lose the sight of your goals." So thats my advice to you all today! Never give up!!

Another great thing that happened this week was when we were able to teach Sandra, Nicole (her  daughter, shes 8), and Rosalia (her mom). She also has a 4 year old son named Dylan. So We went with Pres. Britos and talked about the Restoration of the gospel. The most special part of the lesson was when we bore testimony about how we know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.  We then asked her if she (Sandra) would like to know if the Book of Mormon was true and why. She had the best answers. To sum it all up, I think you could say that she has "real intent." They all accepted to be baptized if they come to know that it's true! Yesterday she came to church with her mom and her two kids. It was so great to have them there! My companion taught their class IN SPANISH on faith and did great. We're excited to keep visiting her! 

Our scripture of the week was Alma 36:3. I like the end of the verse that says, "I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their  trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day."
LOVE YOU ALL!!
Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment