Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week 100, Nogoya, Argentina



                                                   My Calendar ended!!!!
(Josh's Mom: This was a 18 month calendar we sent him as a gift for his first Christmas away. )

Elder Romero and I made sopaipillas today! They're like scones but you boil a squash and mash it then add flour. then fry :) they tasted like sweet potatoe fries. haha pretty good :)





HOLA MI FAMILIA! First offf...today is transfer day and I just found out that I'm training again!! woohoo!!! I think my new companion is going to be American because supposedly lots of them are getting here. Going to be fun! I can't believe it's my last transfer!!
 
This week we were able to work hard and have some great lessons! Leandro couldn't go to church because he was sick so that was a bummer. Elena was all set to go and at the last second her Mom needed her help. She was SO CLOSE!! We're going to keep doing everything to find those who, "Are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it." We had a sweet lesson with Fabian and Paola, a young couple that don't belong to any church. We got talking about our missions and stuff and let us leave a prayer with them. They were very grateful and Fabian said that he wants to find the true religion to be able to raise his family in. We are excited to keep going by!
 
Elder May, Marta and I
So last Monday night I got a call from Elder May (my old companion), who is still in Venado Tuerto, my last area. He asked how I was doing and then I asked him and he said, "okay." I knew something was up so I asked what had happened. He said,"Well I don't really know how to say this but...Marta died early this morning. On Saturday we had an amazing lesson with her and she shared her testimony and everything. Turns out that she fell during the night and hit her head pretty hard. She couldn't remember even her own kids. She made it to the hospital but later past away." To be honest, when I heard him say that she passed away, I was so happy for her. She had been struggling with her health for so long and never let it get her down. She was recently baptized and cleaner than fresh snow. I know for a fact she went home to her Maker, her Heavenly Father. In Doctrine and Covenants 42:46 it says, "And it shall come to pass that those that die in me shall not taste of death, for it shall be sweet unto them;" I know that it was indeed sweet unto her. I know for a fact that I will see her one day. I am content because I know that she is happy. In Alma 40:11-12 it says. "Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life. And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow." I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have about the life after death. There are no secrets. God has revealed His plan through modern prophets. I know that Marta is in spiritual paradise. I know she is resting from all her cares and sorrows. The only desire that I have is that her family will look towards the church as a refuge from their pains. I hope they can come to know of its truthfullness like she did. Marta was an amazing example and I miss her positive attitude. The nurses loved her because she was still smiling even though she was going through pain. I'm thankful for the chance that I had to get to know Marta.
 
I love you all!!!
Elder H

No comments:

Post a Comment