Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, April 22, 2013

Week 90, Venado Tuerto, Argentina


that's the scarf I made! 



 just us hanging out at the park last pday!
 



Family,

Alrighty so we found some cool people this week! Funny story... We were cruising down the street and saw a lady sweeping her leaves (because they dont use rakes here. haha) So we stopped to try and help. I put down my bike and swept a little before my companion wanted to sweep. I started talking to the lady and she invited me to sit down. So we sat down to chat while Elder May worked away. I showed her a picture of my family and then she says, "Poor guy, he's getting all sweating by sweeping my neighbors lawn." hahaha then right when Elder May's about finished the neighbor comes out and looks at him like a freak and asked, "What are you doing?" Elder May had no idea what she said or what he did wrong. sooooo funnny. Our new friend then went over and told her neighbor he just wanted to help and she was like "Do I have to give you something?" and of course we said no. We gave her a little card of Jesus Christ and kept talking to Amalia. Turns out Amalia's husband died a year ago and she feels lonely at times. We testified of the Plan of Salvation and set a date to return. Those are the type of experiences that make me love the mission. :)

Yanina Taulet and her husband Milton are doing great. They invited us to eat last Wed. We talked about baptism and they said they still need a stronger answer from God. We invited them to read and pray with REAL INTENT. We went back a few days later and Yanina had read a ton while Milton hadnt read much. We want to show them the importance of these things. We want to talk about eternal families and set some goals. Yanina went to church on Sunday so that was cool, but her husband stayed at home. 

Marta was in the hospital until Friday so we visited her there a few times and then saw her in her house. She had brought her Book of Mormon and pamphlets to the hospital with her. So cute. I'll take pics this week. :) 

I don't really have much of a spiritual thought this week but at this point in my mission I've realized something that I hope all of us can do. In this life, we are here to become like Christ, little by little. He wants us to practice. As we become more and more like Him, others will follow. 

I love a song called "The Window to His Love"

I want to be a window to His love,
so when you look at me you will see Him.
I want to be so pure and clear that you won't even know I'm here,
'cause His love will shine brightly through me.

I want to be a doorway to the truth,
so when you walk beyond you will find Him.
I want to stand so straight and tall, that you won't notice me at all.
But through my open door He will be seen.

A window to His love.
A doorway to the truth.
A bearer of the message He'd have me bring to you
And with each passing day
I want to fade away.
'Till only He can be seen And I become a window to His love.

I want to be a window to His love,
so you can look through me and you'll see Him.
And some day shining through my face, you'll see His loving countenance,
'cause I will have become like He is

A window to His love.
A doorway to the truth.
A bearer of the message He'd have me bring to you
And with each passing day
I want to fade away.
'Till only He can be seen And I become...

A window to His love
A doorway to the truth.
A bearer of the message He'd have me bring to you.
And with each passing year
I want to disappear
'Till He's become ev'rything
and I've become a window to His love.
We have the responsibility to become like Him, and His grace is sufficient enough so that we can one day stand with Him. 

Moroni 7:48
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of the heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have his hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen.

LOVE YOU ALL!!
Elder Hjelmstad





No comments:

Post a Comment