Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Week 89, Venado Tuerto, Argentina


So this was a pretty normal week. We taught the Taulet family again, they just returns from Rosario for a week, but they were just as happy as we were to keep visiting them. They're so close. We had a great talk about the gospel. They know the Book of Mormon is true but are still a little nervous about baptism. We're going by tonight. :) We're excited. 

I was thinking this week a lot about being more diligent and more intelligent. I'm trying to master myself. This part of my mission has been so different from the rest of it and I know it is becuase the Lord wants me to learn something special from it. Today I felt impressed to read a talk from Elder Hales called, "Waiting on the Lord: Thy will be done" In his talk he talks about how we as children, of our Heavenly Father, sometimes don't understand everything that God has instore for us. He difines what it means to WAIT upon the Lord. He said, "To wait upon the Lord means planting the seed of Faith and nourishing it with great diligence and patience. It means...praying with our whole souls in the name or our Savior Jesus Christ. As we follow the promptings of the spirit we discover that tribulation worketh patience and we learn to continue in patience until we are perfected. As we wait upon the Lord, we are immovable in keeping the commandments, knowing that we will one day rest from all our afflictions. Let us not give up on the Lord. His blessings are eternal not temporary." About  a month ago my companion and I were late to an appointment, so we were riding our bikes fast as we could and we still had a ways to go. We were both tired, panting heavily and what not, when I heard my comp say, "Descanso eterno." which means eternal rest. I loved that! This life may be challenging at times but we must keep going! Our reward will be at the end! We will be able to rest with our families in the presence of our maker, our Father in heaven. I know these things are true.

I love you all sooooo much! Thanks so everything! Thanks for writing me! It's still my favorite part of the week!

Your missionary,
Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment