Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 87, Venado Tuerto, Argentina


       

This is the chocolate egg I bought for Easter.
We made blueberry cake because we didnt have muffin pan to make blueberry muffins.

My comp loves cats. ahhahah It's so funny. This little guy is the neighbors kitty and it came over when we were studying. Elder May wanted to keep it.



Family,

Happy Easter from Argentina.

Sooo this week was great! We had a ton of lessons! I’ve never been so excited for Easter. So real quick, they don’t really celebrate Easter here. All they do is sell homemade chocolate eggs that are pretty cool. I bought one since it was my last Easter in Argentina! Why not right?

Last Sunday we talked to a returned missionary from Murphy, a little town that we have outside of Venado Tuerto. He wanted us to go and he was going to show us around and meet some people. We went on Friday and had a ton of success. We’re way excited to go again on Wednesday.

So this week we really focused on the Resurrection Christ. I was really moved by something that I read about his suffering before the resurrection. Christ, the Son of God, had to suffer for us. He was mocked and treated like a criminal when in fact He hadn’t done anything at all. The part that really hit me was that He didn’t HAVE to suffer all of that. He, at any time, could’ve used his authority to end all the pain but no. He didn’t come down from the cross like the people wanted him to do. He chose to succom to the Fathers will and suffer both physically and spiritually. He felt every single pain that was ever felt and that is yet to be felt. He suffered so we don’t have to. We don’t have to suffer because he already did. This is the biggest source of hope that we have in this life. The resurrection makes it possible that we can live with God and our families forever. I am so grateful for my Savior and Redeemer. I know he lives.

I love you all!!!
ELder Hjelmstad

(This is a picture taken a few weeks back of Elder Hjelmstad and his last companion... and his "little Brother")

No comments:

Post a Comment