Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week 88, Venado Tuerto, Argentina








 


                                       

 

Helping a family move from one place to another...


 
 
 
We are in the back of this truck.

 

 




Happy Serving....
                

Picking cherry tomatoes






  

Alrighty, so this week was great! So as you might know...We ride bikes here! I love them so much! But on Thursday we left the pinch (apartment) and were on our way to our appointment, on the main road, when all of the sudden my bike just stops and I go flying forward superman style. I land on the ground and the bike lands on top of me. I start busting up laughing because we were on the busiest street in our area, so everybody was looking at me. I look at my hands to see if I got hurt...not a scratch. Nothing happened! My tie got a little dirty but that was it! It was crazy! Elder may said that he couldn’t understand how I didn’t get hurt, but I understood. I know that missionaries are protected. I know that God hears the prayers of my awesome family and especially my Mom. In General Conference an apostle said, "There are very few things more powerful than the prayers of a righteous Mom." I know that is true.

So, I absolutely LOVED conference! I can literally say it was the best general conference of my life. I LOVED Sister Dalton’s talk about women being "daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us." It really hit me when she said that “if men understood that phrase and everything it entails, the way men look at girls, talk to girls, and treat girls would change”.
I also loved Elder Bednar’s talk on the Law of Chastity. He explained it perfectly and makes it so easy to understand and apply in our lives.
I loved Elder Claytons talk about tips on marriage. You’ll all laugh when I say that I am so excited to start a family with my wife. I was taking notes like crazy.
I loved Pres Uctdorf’s talk on light and how we can find light and BE light for others. As we get closer to God, He gets closer to us.
I Ioved Pres Monson’s talk about being obedient. I know that obedience brings blessings.

I know for a fact that this church is true. I love being a missionary. It’s not easy, but it is SO worth it. I know that the gospel is the key to happiness. I’m so grateful for all of you!

LOVE YOU!!!
Elder Hjelmstad

Thanks You to Elder Laguado's brother for posting the following pictures on facebook for us.... 










No comments:

Post a Comment