Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, June 25, 2012

Week 47, Las Delicias, Rosario, Argentina


Mom's Homemade Banana Bread 



Short tie!!!




Family,

This week we taught a lot of lessons and thought that we were going to have lots of people in church but when Sunday came, only one came. I was super grateful that Diego came because we were both really sad that nobody else came. We have two guys that are close to getting baptized but haven’t gained a testimony of church attendance. We’re going to teach them about the church and help them get to church because you can’t get baptized without going to church!

On Sunday night, we had a meeting with all the church leaders about the ward and what we can do to help in the areas that are struggling. For most of the time they talked about the youth and the problems that they’re having with seminary and mutual. Nobody goes. As they talked about everything and it made me think of our ward back home and how grateful I am that when I was in Young Men’s that I had friends that I could depend on that would go to seminary and mutual and church. I’m thankful for parents and leaders that gave me a push when I didn’t feel like going. A lot of times in life we find ourselves without desire to do something. We must surround ourselves with influences that help us choose the right. It’s really hard to paddle against the stream when were alone and we can’t expect ourselves to do such a difficult task by ourselves. We need leaders and friends that love us enough to help us in our cause. We have the promise that when we are "in holy places," Heavenly Father will help us. Same thing goes with the people that struggle to put themselves in those holy places. We must make room and help them by making it easier to choose the right. I know that God loves us and wants us to succeed. We must use our agency and do good!

So last night I made BANANA BREAD!! It turned out perrrrrrfectttt. Elder Castillo loved it too! Today I’m going try to made root beer. Ill let you know how it goes. Haha

I don’t really have anything else to say except… I love you all and I hope you’re enjoying your Summer.

Love,
Elder Hjelmstad

Shout outs:
Grandma Cassie- Easy there grandma. I told you not to go so crazy on the dance floor so that you wouldnt fall! haha I hope you're getting better.

Grandpa- Have fun in Texas and you definately should wear your San Fran. sports stuff!

Mom, Dad, and the girls- Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment