Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 46, Las Delicias, Rosario, Argentina



My New companion Elder C.


Add caption



HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! Hope you have a great, relaxing day with grandpa and the family. One more birthday and I’m home! haha crazyyy. and WOOHOO COLBY GOT HIS MISSION CALL to the  BRAZIL Salvador mission! Super awesome! If he didn’t know, Salvador means Savior! I’m so excited for him!

This week was super short because my companion had to do visa stuff and we had a training conference with the president. The training was super great and learned a ton. He spoke a lot on integrity and used the scripture in D&C 58:26-28.

26 For behold, it is not meet that I should command in all things; for he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant; wherefore he receiveth no reward.
 27 Verily I say, men should be anxiously engaged in a good cause, and do many things of their own free will, and bring to pass much righteousness;
 28 For the power is in them, wherein they are agents unto themselves. And inasmuch as men do good they shall in nowise lose their reward.

I really love this scripture because it’s basic. We have agency. We can choose to act as we want. Heavenly Father can’t take us by the hand the whole way back to heaven but we must act for ourselves. He teaches us HOW to walk and shows us where we SHOULD walk but at times we forget and follow our own ideas. I know that God loves us and wants us to succeed but we have the responsibility to show our faith and follow the path that Christ left behind. Everyday we choose whose side we’re on. I hope that all of us can have enough faith to engage ourselves in good causes and help people. When we do, we receive blessings from heaven. Blessings that make us HAPPY!

Funniest thing of the week happened yesterday morning. I woke up and we always say a companion prayer right away and it was my turn, so I said the prayer. Then got down from my top bunk and went to the bathroom and was looking for my backpack when Elder Castillo, who was still laying in bed asked me, ¨What time is it?" I looked at him like he was crazy thinking that it was 6:30 but then glanced at my watch. It said 4:05am. We both started laughing and then he said that he thought I was sleep walking. haha I got back in bed and woke up at 6:30. I still think I heard an alarm but whatever. It was funny.

Our area is doing alright but needs a lot of work. We met an AWESOME family that we’re going to see this week so I’m really excited for them. We have others that are getting close to getting baptized too. It’s fun but a lot to worry about. 

That’s so cool that Elder Breshear’s called you guys yesterday! I asked him to, but didn’t know if he would. He’s a great guy and always made others feel important. Now you have a better idea of what I’m doing down here.

And yeah Mom when you pick me up I’m with you guys the whole entire time! haha hotel and everything! Gunna be fun but don’t make me think about that yet because there’s a longgg way to go.

Alrighty… I love you all! Have a great birthday Mom!!!

Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment