Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, April 9, 2012

Week 36 Santa Fe, Argentina


Happy Easter!!!!


Family!!!!

Thanks for writing me everybody! I love reading your email’s. Every week I get super excited to see what you guys did and how everything’s going in t-mec!

This week was pretty good! Tons of failed appointments, but we did our best! We have a bunch of prospective investigators and just need to capitalize on them!

Easter was great though! They don’t look for eggs or anything like that but one thing that they do is make chocolate eggs! I bought one and somebody gave us a little chicken one. Another thing that they do is on Good Friday they don’t eat red meat. Everybody eats fish!

I LOVED THE EASTER PACKAGE! We waited until Easter morning to open our bags. Elder Smith was really grateful. Thanks for sending that to him.

Sooooo BIG NEWS...Elder Hjelmstad has gained 10 pounds! hahaha shoooooot. I started my diet today. :) And since I started my diet today, I pretty much ate all my candy yesterday. I felt like crudd. haha but it was great!!

We had a bunch of people that promised they were going to come to church but in the end, only one person came! :/ We were really bummed. We hope to really turn it around this week and extend baptismal dates. I really want to baptize before I leave Liceo, but we’ll see!

So another fun thing that happened this week was that the lights went out Wednesday night because there was a storm. We thought they’d come on in the morning but...nope. Never came back on. We realized we didn’t pay the electricity bill. The office was closed until today, so we’ve been living without lights for 4 days. haha fun stuff.

Oh and on Thursday it was Elder S.’s b-day. So he opened his package from his family at night and when he pulled everything out 2 little candy looking things fell out, so I naturally thought it was candy and ate them. Quickly realized it wasn’t candy. They were 2 dye tablets for coloring eggs. I was rinsing my mouth out for about 15 min straight. Hahahahaha!!! So moral of the story.... remember to pay the electric bill so you don’t accidently eat dye. hahaha :)

I was thinking a lot this week about the importance of Easter. I never understood the true WHY of the resurrection of Christ. I knew it was important, sure, but never really thought what significance it has for me. I thought and I have learned that Christ was resurrected so we can live with our families forever and not just "til death do us part." I’m so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that created a perfect plan for us. We came to learn and to receive a body like He has. Thanks to Him we CAN be eternal families but it’s conditional. We must learn to walk by faith and obey all the commandments. Christ suffered and died for our sins and rose again so we can live with God and our families again. I’m so grateful for this understanding because I know that there is hope in this world and that this life isn’t just time passed by but every day is another chance that God gives us to repent and come unto Him.

Ether 12:4

Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God.

I love you guys so much and think about you constantly!

Love,

Elder Hjelmstad

Jenee- Utah, youth conference, and senior year stuff. I’m so jealous!

Dad- Keep goin to the gym! I miss it!

Mom- Give Natalie and the girls a hug from me!

Grandpa- Thanks for the support and updates!

Tyler- Miss ya bud! and you can't get married until I get back. hahah jk

No comments:

Post a Comment