Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 63, Las Delicias, Rosario, Argentina



Zone conference
(Elder Hjelmstad is on the front right and his companion, Elder Haderlie,
is to the right of him)

Family!

This week was short!

On Wednesday, we were in the bus terminal all morning waiting for missionaries getting here to Rosario. We finally left there at about 3:00pm and went to work! We met some really great people and were really excited to teach them and see them progress in the gospel. About 2 weeks ago we passed by a members house and Jeni, a member, had a friend over, Nicolas. We asked if he went to a church and he said, “no” so we gave him a pamphlet and a Book of Mormon. He was excited and accepted it. We tried taking down his address but he didn’t know exactly how to describe it. Anyways, the whole week we wanted to find him again and teach him! We went to where we thought he lived and knocked until we found the house! His mom answered and we were scared that she was going to run us off the porch and tell us to never come back. BUT.... instead she looked at us and said "Is there anyway you can come back another time?" with a face like pleasseeee. We said FOR SURE and she said, "You know, I’ve been reading the book of the Mormon you guys, and I’m really interested. What is it a bible? Or something apart? My son came home from his friends house and put it on the table and I picked it up and read." We were soooo excited! Her name’s Graciela and today we have an appt at 6:00pm. We’re stoked!

So I’ve started reading the Bible from the Beginning and am reading 10 pages a day so I can finish before I go home. I’m learning a ton and I love trying to get something out of every page. Something I liked was in Exodus 3:7. 

And the Lord said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows;

I love it because it says that Christ KNOWS us. He KNOWS our afflictions and problems and ALWAYS hears our prayers. Jen, that was so cool how you prayed fervently, with real intent and saw the fruits of that prayer. I really know that God loves us and knows us personally and individually. Most of the time we don’t realize that relationship. He is literally our Father. One day I was kind of homesick and was thinking about Dad and then a thought came to my mind like "wow, Dad would do anything for me. Seriously, anything. Even run out barefoot in the snow to pick up his son, that ran into a tree sledding." haha then I thought, "wow, my Heavenly Father loves me just as much and more. He would do anything for me. Even let his Son die for me." I hope we can all realize this relationship and TALK with God when we pray. He listens and will help us according to his will.

I love you guys so much! Thanks for everything!

Love,
Elder Hjelmstad   

No comments:

Post a Comment