Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, July 23, 2012

Week 51, Las Delicias, Rosario, Argentina


Elder Hjelmstad with his new Companion Elder Haderlie



The circus came to town... (From Vegas?)

ALMOST HALF WAY!

To be honest I don’t really feel like I’m half way. I feel like I’m never going home! haha I don’t know how to describe it but it hasn’t really hit me that I’m going back to America some day. This past year has FLOWN by. My life has never gone by so fast. I’ve never learned so much without a textbook and finals that make me super nervous. I’m excited for the second half of my mission because I have a specific purpose now. Before I was really worried about learning Spanish and adjusting myself to the missionary lifestyle but now I don’t have to worry about those things. I get to focus on helping people change their lives! I get to show them how much God loves them and wants them to be a part of His church. I love being a missionary and am SUPER excited to work with my new companion, Elder Haderlie.

Elder Haderlie is from Orem, Utah and has 3 sisters like me! He plays baseball and basketball ands really easy to get along with. He has a super strong desire to baptize and help people. He has a great work ethic despite that he just received a "Dear John" a few weeks ago. haha. One thing that’s weird is that he’s a LOT like Dee. haha weird. Dee and I have always said that it would be super fun to be companions and now I have his clone! haha It’s way fun.

This week we set some goals for the transfer and went to work! We met some way cool people and have never been guided to so many people. We felt the spirit a ton this week and had some really great lessons. I really watched my testimony grow. I know that when you want something and you are willing to work for it with a good attitude, Heavenly Father will bless you! I saw it happen and know that each one of you can have the same experience! We knocked a door on Friday night because an appointment had failed and a guy answered the door and started speaking in broken English. We presented ourselves and then asked if we could go in. He invited us in and told us that he went to Las Vegas a while ago and is going again in a few months to work. We saw some pictures and he said that he had talked with missionaries before. His son was really interested and they started talking about how a lot of the Mormons they meet are super nice. We were happy to explain WHY! I know that God loves us and has blessed us with the knowledge of his plan so that we can be HAPPY here with our families and learn how to achieve ETERNAL happiness. I’m so grateful!

I love you so much!!

Elder Hjelmstad 

Sadly nobody came to church but we have some ideas so that they can come and have a good experience in church! I love church!

Shout Outs:

Heiners- Have fun in Maui!
Jen- have fun in your last week of childhood. hah
Jade- You’re not alone! Love you!
Grandpa- how’s the tan coming?
Grandma- 1st place! Great job!
Mom & Dad-  You’re getting old. One more and you’re empty nesters!

No comments:

Post a Comment