Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Week 50, Las Delicias, Rosario, Argentina




Transfers!!!!!
This is a card that the Mission Presidents wife made me for my Birthday!!!!



HOLA FAMILIA!! 

I’m glad you had a great time on vacation! I loved the pics and your emails! Thanks for writing! This week was rough...But it’s going to get better! My comp got transferred to Parana and my new comp is Elder Haderlie. He seems like a hard worker and I’m really excited to be his companion.

This week in church we had three investigators! Diego, is a members boyfriend, Susanna is a great lady that needs to get married, and Alfredo is a funny guy with gold teeth that cant read. We did a LOT of walking this week but were going to start being more effective. I’m really excited for the changes in the Zone!

Elder Castillo told a really sweet story that I loved. It goes like this.... “There is an Indian tribe that has the tradition that turns boys into men. When they are 12 years old Their Dad takes them out into the forest, they cut down a tree, and then the Dad blindfolds his son and tells him that he must sit on the log throughout the night without talking the blindfold off and that when he comes to get him in the morning he will take off the blindfold. The son tried being brave and throughout the night he heard animals go by him, trees swaying and branches breaking. He got through almost the whole entire night and then got scared and frantically took of the blindfold and found his Dad sitting on the other side of the log. The Dad never left him. Little to the knowledge of the boy was that he was there to watch over him the whole night." I loved this story because we all have trials even though we cant see God, we know that he is helping us in our time of need. He loves us so much that He will NEVER abandon us. He makes us strong! I’m so grateful for a Father in Heaven that loves me so much that He allows me to be tested so I can learn. Ether 12:27. Were so lucky.

Ether 12:27
And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

So this week we knocked on a door and the guy opened the window and yelled at us saying that he doesn’t talk to tall blonde guys. haha oh and I finally bought some more pants. :) I CANNOT believe that Dee has less that 6 months left. INSANE. I miss that guy. So I have a new obsession. I want to learn Portuguese REALLY BAD. I don’t know why.

Anyways, I don’t have any more time but I love you all so so much! THANK YOU!!

Elder Hjelmstad


No comments:

Post a Comment