Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, March 19, 2012

Week 33 Santa Fe, Argentina


Sergio and his wife getting married!!!
Congrats to the Mr. & Mrs.!!!!

Sergio and Elder Hjelmstad!!!
Love that they are all wet!
Pure. Joy.

Hey familia!

This week has been completely crazy, long, and stressful. But yeah!

So Sergio got baptized so that was super, super cool. He is an amazing guy, that will be a great leader in the church. He got married on Friday and baptized on Saturday. Such a champ. The weddings are super simple here. They do it in a little office in the government building. About 20 people went to see them get married. We went in the little room and they do it sitting down and basically the official talks about the commitment they’re making and then they sign the papers and boom! They’re married! I really gained a strong testimony of the importance of marriage because even though it was just a little tiny wedding in an office, the spirit was so strong and they were so happy! It was so cool being there seeing him receive all these blessings in one weekend! On Saturday, we did some service cutting grass and then prepared all the stuff for the baptism like inviting people, refreshments, and cleaning up the chapel. We had it all ready and called Sergio and Ezekiel to see how they were doing. Ezekiel told us that it was going to be hard to get there at 5:00 and might be a little late but that he’d do his best. The baptism rolled around and Sergio came with his wife and we changed and everything and waited until 5:15 and started without Exekiel. He never came. :( We called a bunch of times but the phone was off or dead. The service went fine, just a ton of stress but I had a smile on the whole time! haha totally crazy. There’s a ton of little details, but I don’t have enough time to explain them all. But I baptized Sergio and it was totally great. I love that guy and I’m so excited for him and his wife.

Alma 36:34-26

24 Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God, and be filled with the Holy Ghost

25 Yea, and now behold, O my son, the Lord doth give me exceedingly great joy in the fruits of my labors;

26 For because of the word which he has imparted unto me, behold, many have been born of God, and have tasted as I have tasted, and have seen eye to eye as I have seen; therefore they do know of these things of which I have spoken, as I do know; and the knowledge which I have is of God.

I LOVE that scripture!!!!

So Elder S. wanted to send off a tape that he had talked into and stuff so we went to the office to send it. The guy asked us what it was and I told him that my comp had recorded his voice and wanted to send it to his parents. The guy looked at us like we were crazy and then told us that it was ILLEGAL. haha he said that it could have secret info and they couldn’t send it.... so... ya. haha so going "old school" is now illegal. haha :)

Oh, so I got a bunch of church music from a member and there is a song called "Give it all to him" SUPER GOOD! I love it!

So were living with two new elders now. Elder S. from Idaho and Elder L. from Texas. They’re both great guys and it’s fun having mini America when were in the apt. ha

So that was pretty much the week! Little crazy! I really hope that we can find more people that are ready to listen to us. I don’t really have anything else to say! These weeks are flying by!

I love you all so much and hope everything’s going great!

Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment