Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Week 30 Santa Fe, Argentina

Family!!

Woohoo! Yesterday was another holiday, so everything was closed. So, we got permission to go to the cyber today so donttt worry!

I’m happy to hear that everybody’s doing good besides Jade being a little sick. We’re doing great here in Liceo! Today I completed 5 months in my first area! Crazy! It’s really hard to believe that I’ve been here for so long. I wish I could’ve baptized more people in these months but this month were going to have at least 3! I’m stoked! Eva, our little Grandma, is getting baptized this Saturday! I’ll definitely send you some pics. She’s so sweet and cute! haha

Ezekiel is doing great! He’s all lined up to get baptized on the 10th. He told us that he wants to be a missionary last week and I’m so excited for him! Then Sergio is getting married on the 16th and getting baptized on the 17th! WOOHOO! We’re really progressing! We have lots of people to teach but some of them need to get married before they can get baptized. :/ But it’s all good!

This Sunday was Stake Conference and we planned to meet Ezekiel at our chapel to walk to the stake center. We went to the chapel and he wasn’t there! NOO! We called him and… nothing. NOO! We booked it over to the stake center and then 5 min later he showed up! MIRACLE! He said he didn’t even know where it was but found a guy in a shirt and tie and asked him where the church was! haha soooo cool! He’s changed so much and were so excited for his baptism.

I really have a testimony that every single person that wants to change, can change, thanks to the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He took upon him all of our pains, weaknesses, habits, addictions, and sins. He did all that for US! It’s always there for us to use. We just have to use it. We need to repent and move forward!

This week at our Zone conference, they asked for a strong elder and everybody yelled, “Elder Welsh”(he played football for BYU)! They had a bag of candy and went around the room asking every person if they wanted a candy or not, but no matter if they wanted it or not, Elder Welsh had to do 6 push-ups for that person. He was sweating like crazy and ended up doing about 350 Push-ups! I know it’s nothing like what the Savior did for us, but it was even hard for me to watch him do all those push-ups for us. It really made me think of the Atonement. I was thinking of how important was it to me, and what good it does for me. I sat there for awhile and then AH-HA. Answer. The Atonement allows my family and I to be together forever. I’m so, so, so grateful for the Atonement and love that Heavenly Father has for us.

So my pants officially have died. I’m saving my gray pants for winter but my blue and black pants are totally faded and my black pants ripped… ya you know where! haha I was playing with a little kid and squatted down to talk to him and heard...Rippppp. ohhh shooooot. haha So I went to the store yesterday and bought some new pants that are basically indestructible.

Anyways, I love you guys so much! Thank you for everything! I’m so lucky to have you guys. 7 months down! CRAZY!

No comments:

Post a Comment