Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 98, Nogoya, Argentina



My companion was taking my picture and he kept getting closer and closer... so I just busted up laughing!!!


This week was really good! We were able to teach a lot of lessons and see the people we are teaching progress. 

First off I want to say Happy (belated) Fathers Day! Yesterday in church a sister talked about her Dad and described him as a "Great man". I started to think about all the "Great men" that have touched my life up until now. I am thankful for the things that I have been able to learn from each and every one of them. From primary teachers to my Dad, they all have helped me get to where I am now. 

I can't remember how long ago it was because time doesn't really exist in the mission but a while ago I told you guys about an experience I had. Today I feel like I should share it again because it was really special for me. One morning I was studying about the Love of God and got thinking about my own Dad. I was thinking about how I know that my dad would do anything and everything to make sure that I'm safe, healthy, and well. I know that nothing would stop him because he loves me. I then thought that God, being my Heavenly Father loves me just as much, and maybe more. In that instance I felt my relationship with Heavenly Father grow. It's still hard for me to believe, but I know that it is true. I know that our Father in heaven wants the very best for us. I know he protects us but loves us sooooo much that he lets us fall so we can learn to get up. He respects us and our agency so much that sometimes stuff happens that we don't expect. I know that He is there helping us every second of the way. I know this because I have experienced it. I know he knows each one of us personally. We must learn to love Him like He loves us.
John 17:3 says 

And this is life eternal , that they might know thee the only true God , and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 


Love you all!!!
Elder H

No comments:

Post a Comment