Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, June 10, 2013

Week 97, Nogoya, Argentina

My new area


Our apartment

The kitchen






So this week was great! 

Last monday we had a Zone meeting in Parana and we talked about Trusting in God and it became my theme for the week. We talked about if we learn to TRUST in God, we will learn to forget our will and accept HIS. As we learn to trust in God, we will begin to ACT like God or His son Jesus Christ. We will become true saints and become instruments in His hands. Yesterday in our Priesthood  lesson we learned about the same thing! We read in John 5:30 that says, "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." We need to learn how to trust in the Lord and put His will in front of ours. On Friday night we taught a lesson and it was 8:00pm when we finished so we had an hour before we had to be in the apartment. We went by a bunch of people that weren't there and then had 45 minute left. We looked at each other and said, "alrighty, its cold, dark, and a friday night..... ugh... Lets knock some doors!" haha so we got to talk to come people. Some weren't too happy to see us and some told us to come by another day but I felt content because I knew I was doing what the Lord expected me to do even though maybe I didn't want to bother people on a cold, dark, Friday night. I know that we need to go through these experiences in order to LEARN to trust in the Lord. May we each look for the Lords will every day. Proverbs 16:20 says, "Whoso trusteth in the Lord, happy is he."

LOVE YOU TONS!!!
Elder H

No comments:

Post a Comment