Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, March 18, 2013

Week 85, Venado Tuerto, Argentina


On Thursday, our Branch President had set up a service project to put down concrete at a blind members home.





 
 


 


  
 
















Then on Saturday, we painted our favorite family’s home. The Loza’s are an amazing family.  

















Family,

This week was full or SERVICE!!!! On Thursday, our Branch President had set up a service project to put down concrete at a blind members home. I actually learned a lot by helping out! It was the first time I dealt with concrete! Before the mission I didn’t really enjoy service but in the mission it’s so fun to get dirty and work with our hands instead of our brain! haha Then on Saturday, we painted our favorite family’s home. The Loza’s are an amazing family!!! They are so humble and so loving. I can literally say that I love them. I feel like I’m part of the family. The house turned out great!

So this week as part of our studies we studied more about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We were asked to read John 3:16 and D&C 76:41-42.

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Doctrine and Covenants 76:41-42

41 That he came into the world, even Jesus, to be crucified for the world, and to bear the sins of the world, and to sanctify the world, and to cleanse it from all unrighteousness;

42 That through him all might be saved whom the Father had put into his power and made by him

A while ago Andrew shared something with me that really impacted me. He said that as missionaries and people we can be "Saviors" for those that have not received the gospel yet. Both of these scriptures talk about how Christ was sent be our mediator. He atoned for us so that we can return to God’s presence. I was thinking… in the same way that we, by sharing the gospel, can become saviors in the lives of people. People can get to know the restored gospel through us. I love hearing my Moms missionary moments. We must not be scared to share. We have taken the name of Christ upon ourselves by being baptized, so we must act according to that covenant. And "Perfect love casteth out all fear." Be examples and invite people to follow.

Sister Giuliani (My mission Presidents wife) shared a quote that I love... "When you choose to follow Christ, you choose to be changed." The Grace of Christ is sufficient to transform us...little by little. I loved our lesson in priesthood class yesterday.

Anyways, so there are going to be some changes… my companion is leaving and I’m going to train again! The rumor is, is that the new missionaries are Americans, so I’m pretty stoked!! woohoo!! I’ll be traveling to Rosario, on Wednesday, to pick up my new companion. I love to train, so I couldn’t be happier!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment