Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 83, Venado Tuerto, Argentina

Elder Hjelmstad and his companion




These are pork sandwiches... wayyy good!










Argentine FUN!!!

(Josh's mom: I love how this little boy is just hanging on to Josh. Josh loves little kids and I just thought it was so sweet that this little guy felt so comfortable with him. )

(Josh's Mom: The young man in the blue shirt is Josh's "adopted" little Brother. I'm not sure what Josh is doing but his "brother" is watching and little boy, on his left, is still hanging on :) ) 
 


Family,

So this week was pretty good! We had a fantastic lesson with Hugo and Jessica about the restoration of the gospel. They're so amazing. They're so excited to go to church and get baptized. They were all set to go to church but Hugo, who has been looking for work, got called into a meeting for a possible job at 11 am and went there instead of going to church and Jessica didn't want to go alone. Ugh. But I have the faith that this week they will go. Pray for them! We'll try to take a pic with them this week so I can send it to you.

Cool thing that we learned this week....KNITTING. We're knitting machines now. haha we're both knitting scarves. Way cool. It gives us something to do when we have free time at night and in the morning. I'll send you a pic.

I got so excited when everybody emailed me and almost all of you guys mentioned the Atonement of Jesus Christ, His eternal sacrifice that he made for us. When I was at BYU, I took a class called missionary preparation from Brad Wilcox. As part of the class we had to read the book, Continous Atonement. I thought I knew what the Atonement was until I read that book. Jade quoted this and I love it. 

"The Atonement is real, and through repentance and sanctification it is transforming. But that transforming change is a process that takes time—a long time. The Atonement is a continuous force in our lives. Perfection is the ultimate goal, but we get lots of chances to reach it."

The Atonement gives us the opportunity to live as eternal families in God´s presence. Through the Atonement we can become clean spiritually again and again and again. The Atonement keeps us going until the very end. In the Book of Mormon we must have "hope through the Atonement of Christ." That hope will help us get through ANYTHING. Elder Holland Said this...

I testify that the Savior's Atonement lifts from us not only the burden of our sins but also the burden of our disappointments and sorrows, our heartaches and our despair.  I promise you He is not going to turn his back on us now.  When He says to the poor in spirit, "Come unto me" He means He knows the way out and He has walked it. He knows the way because He is the way. 

I am so thankful for the Atonement in my life.  We must use the Atonement and become perfect in Christ. Study the Atonement this month in preparation for Easter. 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment