Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Week 81, Venado Tuerto, Argentina



This is "My little Brother" I told you about. I love this kid!


Alrighty, well this week was great! We had some great lessons with investigators and members and we were really excited for Sunday but then it rained. Sidenote: when it rains in Argentina everybody stays inside their house. But Juan, a friend of the Loza family came to church! We taught him and he’s excited to get baptized! He has a date for March 2nd.

Lazaro was way excited to get baptized and got home from the activity last week and asked his Mom if he could get baptized and she said no. So pray for her please. We’re going to go by his house today and we hope to be able to gain some trust with his Mom. 

Sooooooo the funniest thing that happened this week… it was pretty dang funny. On the 14th we were outside doing personal scripture study, us 4 missionaries together. Out of nothing Elder Bringhurst says, "Hey happy valentines day." and I, trying to be funny screamed, grabbed my comps head and gave him a huge wet one on the cheek. My comp looks at me like a complete freak and then I realized....Elder Bringhurst said it in English, so my comp didn’t understand AT ALL why the heck I grabbed his head and kissed him. We about died laughing. hahahahaha you know you’ve been in the mission for too long when you kiss your comp on valentines day. hahahaha

So yesterday I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish! I tried to take my time and really study it. I can honestly say that when I read the last verse, I was sad, that it came to an end. I’m so grateful for the Book of Mormon and I know that it’s true. I know that the Book of Mormon, along with the Bible, contains the everlasting gospel and the answers to our questions. I love the end of the book of Moroni that says, 

32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

 33 And again, if ye by the grace of God are perfect in Christ, and deny not his power, then are ye sanctified in Christ by the grace of God, through the shedding of the blood of Christ, which is in the covenant of the Father unto the remission of your sins, that ye become holy, without spot.

Only through the grace of Jesus Christ we may be cleansed, and one day, perfected. I have learned so much about the grace of Christ. If you want to understand what grace is I recommend this talk. 
It’s kind of long but an amazing talk. He makes it really easy to understand.

K I love you guys so much!!! Have a fantastic week!

Elder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment