Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week 69, Las Delicias, Rosario, Argentina

Back in villa diego. That's a train station behind me.

Me contacting Ronald McDonald. haha
(I didn't have a Book of Mormon)

Elder Hixson - Springville Ut.

Elder Butler - Riverton, Ut.

Elder Donjuan (Florida), Me, Elder Haderlie, Elder Ferreyra (Argentina)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

I am thankful for everyone that has supported me while on my mission. Thanks so much for writing me and praying for me.

So, this week was full of ups and downs. We had some great times at our FHE and then unfortunately Cristina didn't get baptized. She needs more, time but its okay. 

Alrighty, so I'm getting transferred!!! I literally just found out!!! There were a few missionaries that just got here to Argentina, so I'll be training one of them! We're going to a city called Venado Tuerto that's pretty chill and calm. I'm super stoked and we're going to work like crazy there! I don't know if my new companion is american or latin, but whatever he is, he better have nice shoes because we're going to work and baptize!!! I'm Stoked. 

This week for my "spiritual part" I would say that God knows us and tests us. He does it to help us grow. We were kinda getting tired of doing the same thing over and over again because we've been together so long but God already knew. I feel like after lots of prayer, God answered our prayers! I'm super stoked to train and go into an area without knowing anything! It's going to be great! Patience, prayer, then perseverance. I know that the church is true and that God knows us personally and loves us personally too. We have the task to become like him. But He helps us. 

I love being a missionary!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JADE!

LOVE YOU!! 
Elder Hjelmstad 

(This is Elder Hjelmstad's Mom)
I just received this message from a family that our son was teaching... (We had to have our Son-in-law translate it for us :)

It says: hello dear joanne, today your son, our missionary, was transfered to another providence of our country. Unfortunately for us, we were not able to say goodbye to eachother, but I want you to know it was an honor and a blessing that he visited our house and passed many special times with us. I wanted to come back and tell you that you have an amazing son that we will never forget. God bless you and know that a family in Rosario Argentina learned to love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment