Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Week 68, Las Delicias, Rosario, Argentina


This is a porcelain figurine that a member made me.

The Scripture is from Doctrine and Covenants 18:15
"And if it so be that you should labor all your days crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"




HOLA FAMILIA!!

This week was great! First and foremost I’m staying here in Las Delicias for my 5th transfer! Elder Haderlie and I aren’t sick of each other yet,lol. We’ll be together for the holidays! We’ve now been together for 4 months. We’re working hard but need to baptize!!

Unfortunately, Cristina got sick on Saturday so she didn’t get baptized but no worries. This weekend it shall be. Cristina is so great. She talks a ton and always says stuff that makes you laugh but she never laughs! haha She’s a crack up. She watched the Restoration video and loved it. She understands everything so good! She loves the service part of the church and how we’re always helping people. She went to a Christian church before and said sometimes she felt like she was at a rock concert and not at church. She has a son, Maxi, that is also way cool. He’s studying to be a lawyer and washes cars on the weekends for money. He was raised good because he doesn’t drink, smoke, or do drugs, stuff that’s super common in Rosario for 20 year-olds. He should get baptized in December.

Last night we had a Family Home Evening with two families in the ward. We talked about the family and the role of the home. We used the Family: Proclamation to the World and I wanted to share a part with you guys that I love.
It says, "THE FAMILY is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a Father and a Mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities." We talked about how we need to make an effort to progress as a family and focus on one of those many principles.

So, I’m going to go on a little tangent and say that I’m super excited to get married. Jackie asked if I was "Wedding Hungry" and I would say yes. haha I cant wait to find my eternal spouse and start a family! Some may think I’m crazy but hey, I already am.... I walk around in a different country, speaking in a different language and talk to people about God. haha So, appreciate your families, They are MOST IMPORTANT. Spend real time with them and get to know them better. Family Home Evening is an activity that you can do every Monday night. Ask my mom and she can tell you how to do it. IT’S THE BESTTTT!!!!

Oh yeah and I got a 2 week extension to my mission. I finish on August 13th. For some reason in 2013 we all get 2 weeks more. So put that on the calendar. haha

LOVE YOU TONSSSS

ELder Hjelmstad

No comments:

Post a Comment