Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Friday, September 23, 2011

Week 8 MTC

FAMILY!!

Como estan?? Just another super fast week here at the MTC. Seriously, I've stopped keeping track of the days it flies so fast! Seriously.

SO the funniest thing of my life happened this morning. We were hangin out in the room and all of a sudden Elder Christiansen screams... MOUSE!!! hahah we all screamed and Elder Thompson and I tried catching it and stuff! It was under MY bed the whole time and every time it moved we all screamed like little girls. Seriously, the funniest thing ever! It moved along the wall and then we eventually forced it towards the door and then we didn't know where it went!! But that was pretty dang funny! Makin memories here at the MTC!

The devotionals this week were GREAT! On sunday we heard from Bro and Sis Wilkins, who served as mission pres in Brazil. They both talked about facing trials. Sis Wilkins said, "we have to be prepared for when the challenges come because they WILL come". Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall". Helaman is a perfect example of this. We always need to have our foundation in Christ so we can withstand the storms that come! Bro Wilkins was great too. He said that in life there are no problems, only opportunities. We need to choose to look at every trial as an opportunity to learn! Because, "No pain is wasted"- Orson F Whitney. I think we all could do a better job at managing our problems and turning them into opportunities. And we dont need to worry because "today is the tomorrow that we worried about yesterday." SO COOL! - Thanks Andrew. Somethin that keeps coming up in that we need to CHOOSE to be happy! Its all about attitude!

So craziest thing happened on Sunday! We were studying outside and LEXI JORGENSEN walks into the MTC! It was so cool to see her! Even though she was a little awkward. haha it was so fun! We didn't get to talk cuz she was on her way to a meeting but it was still fun to see a friendly face! Hahah and this week she sent me a package with a surprise inside... COOKIE DOUGH! gotta love same day delivery! It was still cold! So good!

On tuesday, we got to hear from Elder Russell M Nelson! He talked all about the importance and role of the Book Of Mormon and how it is a witness of Christ, and a companion to the Bible. I love the Book of Mormon and the power that it has within it. The October Ensign is amazing too! You all need to get it!

On Wed we got to host the incoming new missionaries! It was so fun but so sad seeing the cars driving away with everyone crying inside. I may or may not have shed a tear. I'm so glad that we just did the airport thing, cuz I wouldve been a WRECK. haha

SO...... I leave in 4 days. Complete insanity. Its about to get real bumpy real quick, but I'm so excited and so nervous! I'm so excited to call home on Monday too! CANT WAIT!!! Any ideas about what I should do on the plane?? I'm more nervous about that than anything else! haha

So my latest AH-HA/ Lightbulb moment came this week. I was thinking about Lehi's dream in 1 Nephi and how Nephi learns that the "Tree of Life" is the Love of God. I got to thinkin that we need to come unto the "tree of life" JUST like we need to come unto Christ. And the scriptures or "Iron Rod" leads us to Him! And once we get to the tree we can partake of the fruit or of eternal life! That probably doesn't make sense, sorry, but Basically we need to follow the scriptures and come unto Christ! And we are promised blessings when we do! I have loved learning about the Love of God and how it ALL comes down to love. We obey out of love and Everything that God puts in our path is because He loves us. I know that when we love each other, and serve each other, it will make us happy.

Thats so crazy that Garretts goin to Hong Kong on his mission! CRAZY!! Good luck bud!

Thank you for all that have written me this week! I love you all so much! The last day I receive dearelders will be tomorrow so if you want to write me, write me before Friday morning at 11am!

I love you all so so so so much!

Thank you so much!

LOVE,

ELDER HJELMSTAD

No comments:

Post a Comment