Quote of the week:

"The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called"


Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week 4 MTC

Moroni 8:16

...Behold, I speak with boldness, having authority from God; and I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
-Vince Lombardi



HOLA!!!

This has been a pretty great week! Times goin fast and I got to see Capella in the cafeteria
and I saw Lindsey today too! SO GREAT!

Thanks so much for sending me that package! I loved everything inside! That pillow looks totally sweet too! The cupcakes were DESTROYED, haha but I still ate them. And the ipod was perfect except....no carrie underwood singing How Great Thou Art...I might send it home just for that one song. Seriously!!! haha but I'm so lucky to have such a supportive family!

Last week my companion, Elder Christiansen fell on his wrist during soccer, so we got walk off campus to get x-rays... but TODAY we got driven to a doctor over by Provo HS! We got out of "jail" for like an hour and a half! Haha It's weird cuz, when you're outside the gates of the MTC...you're a missionary...and people look at you like you're a missionary. Ha! We didn't stop and preach to anybody, but while we were sitting in the waiting room, a couple walked in and guess what...THEY SPOKE SPANISH. So...we talked to them. :) They spoke really, really fast. haha but We actually had a conversation with them. They asked where we were from and where were goin and for how long and stuff. The lady actually knew some friends that live in Rosario! She referred them to us! Totally got my first referral. haha!!! We got her friends' names and number so I'm gunna keep that safe until I get down there! My companion is okay though, just got a little brace for his wrist.

Oh, so my comp and I changed rooms this week and moved in with Elder Thompson and Elder Landers. Pictures are comin in the mail. Before movin in with them we had a room to ourselves and it got a little boring at times, so now it's fun to hang out and chill with the other Elders. We say a lot of religious jokes in here, haha they get pretty funny cuz we cant really joke about anything else!

The devotionals were great this week! Elder Zivic and wife spoke to us on Tuesday! They're from ARGENTINA! They both had really stong accents but got the message out perfect in English. Sister Zivic spoke first and gave "motherly advice." It was such good stuff. She had a few amazing quotes that she said, that I loved. She said, "Happiness comes from circumstances, Joy comes from God." I think this is spot on perfect. Dad and I always talked about how joy is something special. It's a level of happiness that is long lasting. God is the difference. It's the eternal perspective knowledge that gives us joy. We are so lucky! Sis Zivic also said, "nothing is impossible to the Lord." Once again, spot on. I love all the scriptures that give me comfort, that I can do anything, through Christ and Heavenly Father. (Alma 26:12, Phil 4:13, 1 Ne. 3:7) Elder Zivic gave an amazing talk as well. He said that we choose every day what were gunna put into life. He said that life is like an echo, what you do and say is eventually going to come back at you. He told us to give our very best for the next two years for, "total dedication is complete vistory."-Ghandi and he alse shared a sweet quote by V.Lombardi that starts "I firmly believe that a mans finest hour..(mom look that up please :)" He told us to not settle for less than our abilities. Take it one step at a time and rely on the Lord. Faith + Works = Miracles.

My favorite scripture during personal study was in Moroni 8:16. I like the last sentence when it says, "for perfect love casteth out all fear." If we love like Christ loves, and come unto Him, we have nothing to fear. His love far out matches us. I'm so grateful for my Savior and the comfort I feel when I'm doing the right thing.

So, this week I finished the Book of Mormon! BEST BOOK EVER. I seriously was glued to it. I felt so good every single time I read it, I didn't want to put it down. I didn't want it to end either! I know that anybody that reads the Book of Mormon can and will feel the comfort of the Holy Ghost. It's another testament of Jesus Christ and the love He and Heavenly Father have for us. For those who dont know about the Book of Mormon, It's a record of a group of people that left Jerusalem around 600 bc and were led by the hand of God to the Americas. The book has different accounts of their dealings with God and also tells about when Christ came to the Americas, after He was resurrected. He said that he was to visit "other sheep which are not of this fold." Those sheep, or people, were visitied by Him and taught by Him. The Book of Mormon can answers any of our questions, and silence all our fears. I know that the Book of Mormon is true because I've prayed and received an answer that it is true. It has changed my life!

So, I'm almost out of time but everyone should read Alma 32, it talks about faith and acting on our faith.

Real quick... this week I said somethin pretty funny when my comp and I were goin to get a drink. I said, "Vamos tomar un bebe" I tried to say "lets go get a drink" but didn't know what drink was, but the verb is beber, so I took a whack at it. We started laughing because it sounded like I said, "lets go take a baby." haha we got a good kick out of that one.

K well I love you all so very, very much and and so grateful for you and your support. I'm one lucky missionary!

Love,
Elder Hjelmstad

Quote of the week: "Happiness comes from circumstances, Joy comes from God"

-Sister Zivic

p.s. mom can you please send me the monson quote I taped up under my polo plaques in my room and some pics of me playin polo and Jeds Highs and lows poem, and tell tyler sarber to write me. and KELLIE.
dad- can you send me come back stretches and neck stretches? Thatd really help!
I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment